Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Panfried or Lyonnaise potatoes (p. 297)

I am almost finished with the TJOC potato options but mom had a bag of Yukon gold (my favorites!) new potatoes. Perfect time to make Panfried or Lyonnaise potatoes (p. 297)!

In one skillet, I cooked onion slices in butter:


I boiled potatoes and then sliced them (I chose against peeling them). I sauteed them in a skillet with butter:



When both the potatoes and onions were done, I combined them.


DELICIOUS! It's amazing how something so simple can be so great.

I will come clean--until fairly recently I didn't like onions. I decided that it was something I really needed to get over because there are onions in essentially everything. I have made terrific progress on changing my tastes in the meantime--I am now fine with cooked onions, just not raw onions.

The onions are cooked to almost crispy but were nice and sweet. The potatoes were crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. I will make this again--no question (but I'm going to add garlic). Cheap ingredients, easy, and delicious--the food trifecta.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.