Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sauteed chicken breasts with mushroom sauce--Choose your own adventure CHOICE 2

(Note: This post will make a lot more sense if you read THIS post first)

You decide that plain sauteed chicken breasts aren't going to hit the spot tonight and you really want something fancy but still easy enough for a weekday night. You leaf through TJOC and notice Sauteed chicken breasts with mushroom sauce. "That sounds delicious" you think.

You saute shallots in a pan, adding thinly sliced mushroom when the shallots are wilted:



"What a great smell" you think. You grab your bottle of sherry and add some to the mushroom mixture, boiling until almost evaporated:



"I feel like a real chef you think", becoming proud of your culinary prowess. You add heavy cream and homemade chicken stock and boil until the sauce in slightly thickened, adding parsley a bit of nutmeg, salt and pepper, and a splash of lemon juice to finish the dish:



You pour the mixture over your chicken breasts. Although it has started to slightly separate, which disgusts you, you find the sherry and mushroom sauce absolutely delicious. The rich taste of the sauce compliments the slightly bland chicken and you feel impressed that you made such a fancy-seeming sauce. You pat yourself on the back, vowing to remember this recipe the next time you have company.

The End.


Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

  1. One of the best presentation of a recipe in narrative form I've ever come across. Short, sweet, to the point and cheeky. Just wanted you to know I appreciated it from my kitchen tonight. Used voice to text for Google w my 2 year old present, searched for "joy of cooking mushroom wine sauce" and up you came to brighten my lousy day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.