Monday, August 2, 2010

Creamy Dijon dressing (p. 577)

I have found that having lettuce or baby spinach on hand drastically increases our chances of making a salad (I know that's really hard to believe!). Salad dressing is really easy to make so I decided to whip up Creamy Dijon dressing (p. 577). I honestly don't know why I chose this recipe over recipes that look much more delicious to me--I don't really like mustard, so I didn't have high hopes.

I mixed sour cream, buttermilk, Dijon mustard, parsley, chives, dill, a bit of sugar and a little salt and pepper:



I poured some of the dressing on a salad and tried it. I wasn't very impressed.

I mean, it's mustard on a salad. Weird. I was very disappointed, considered throwing it away, but instead put it in the fridge.

A couple of days later, I dragged it out of the fridge, along with the much more delicious walnut vinaigrette. Josh happily doused his salad in Dijon dressing and loved it. He even brought up how great it was the next day. So, if you like creamy dressings and mustard, you will love this dressing. If you don't, make something else.

In other news, I'm from Iowa, so it's bred in to me to love the Iowa State Fair (best state fair in the country IMO!). I'm very disappointed I didn't get to go this year. I love those tiny doughnuts, think fried candy bars are highly overrated, would have tried fried butter, and plan on submitting something to the cooking contest next year. I've never been to the Colorado State Fair because it's pretty far away but was very disappointed in the Nebraska State Fair. What is your state fair like?

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.