Sunday, August 29, 2010

Berries cockaigne (p. 219)

Occasionally the randomly selected list throws me a suggestion that I have actually selected against at some point for a multitude of reasons. Berries cockaigne (p. 219) was one of those recipes. I've read through the recipe a number of times and it always seemed so bizarre it seemed like I was misreading it.

I arranged raspberries around a mound of brown sugar and added some whipped cream.



That's it. That is the entire recipe.

It was good, I guess. It seemed particularly strange to be dipping berries in pure sugar and then whipped cream. Since it was such a short recipe, it seemed like I should write my views in haiku.

Berries, brown sugar
No other ingredients?
Very strange indeed


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.