Thursday, May 20, 2010

Becker sour cream dip (p. 72)

I am so behind in posting (like usual) which means a bunch of the posts that I am writing now are never going to be read (they will get buried behind newer posts). And that's a real shame, because Becker sour cream dip (p. 72) is easily one of the best dips I've ever eaten.

My mom had bought chips but no dip. I am apathetic about chips but I LOVE dip, so I decided to whip up my own. I mixed sour cream, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic, and salt.



That's it!

The dip is very, very heavily peppered, which I loved. Two teaspoons of pepper for two cups of sour cream is a huge amount. And I may have added twice as much garlic as requested (which I almost always do) so it was nice and garlicky. I could not stop eating this dip.

My TJOC mantra is that I only make things from scratch if they are markedly better or cheaper than what I can buy in the store. Red onion dip, for example, failed that test. Becker sour cream dip passes with flying colors--it is soooo much better than anything I've ever bought.

Has anyone else made this? I would love to know what you thought.

**I have made it twice since the original time--it's a dangerous dip. Don't make it if you don't want to eat it all in a day or two**

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's worth reconfiguring your posting strategy: if you're concerned about having the original cooking date put it in the blog subject header so that people without blog feeds will still see the new stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually HAVE made this dip, and I agree, it is delectable! To me it actually tasted like something as good as you'd get in a store (you know, loaded with all the bad stuff that makes it taste so good). I had forgotten about this one, but after seeing this post I think I may need to make it again. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.