Sunday, September 21, 2008

Boneless Roast Pork Florentine (p. 499)

Occasionally, TJOC has recipes for items that I make on a regular basis and usually I really like my own version. One such recipe is for pork roast. I love roasting pork. I adore pork (grew up eating a ton of it!) and love the leftovers that making a roast gives. Plus, roasting really puts me in the mood for fall. King Soopers was having a buy one, get one free sale on pork loin roasts, so I picked a couple pork loin roast up and made Boneless Roast Pork Florentine (p. 499).

The first step is to combine garlic, rosemary, salt, and black pepper. I used my adorable zebra prep bowls and I crushed the rosemary using our tiny morter and pestle (why do we have so many miniaturized apparatuses in our kitchen?). I have no idea how crushed the rosemary was supposed to be, so I just smashed it for a while and then called it good. My mom ADORES rosemary so I grew up eating a LOT of it!







Incisions are made in the pork roast and the spice mixture is shoved in the holes. I actually enjoy this part and it's a common step in TJOC roasts (remember Stracotto? I actually make that recipe fairly often because Josh and I bth love it). It made just about the perfect amount of seasoning for three pounds of pork. You then smear (rub) some olive oil on the top.




I then flipped the roast over and put it in my beautiful roasting pan (thank you Judy and Terry!). You should always roast meat fat-side up, although that is not pointed out in the recipe.



My meat thermometer was MIA so I opened the roast up to check the color. I pulled it when there was still pink in the middle (you should be careful not to overcook pork!) and covered it loosely with foil. I was hoping the pan would have plenty of juices so I could make a tasty gravy but no luck :( It was a really attractive roast though.




I also made some roasted potatoes (although not from TJOC--from my secret recipe!). This is a picture of the plate before greenery got added (I swear it did!). The pork was delicious--tender and juicy, and well-flavored.



1 comment:

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.