Monday, January 1, 2007

Game index

The great indexing project! Because I can't think of any other better way to do this...I'm listing all of the recipes in a given chapter and linking them to the post where I cook it. I would ADORE if you would comment on the index, especially if you can comment on TJOC recipes (in the respective chapter) that you have made and your thoughts on it :)

If you are visiting my blog from a search site like Google, make sure to search for the recipe even if it isn't linked because I'm usually a few months behind in my linking. And make sure to look around!

Game:
Number of recipes: 19
Number of recipes made:
March 2009: 0 (uh oh--no one in this household hunts!)
May 2009: Still at the big 0. I should at least be able to make the buffalo soon.
Oct 09: 1 or 5.3%
Mid-Jan 10: 1 or 5.3%
May 2010: No change
Mid-Jan 11: 3 or 15.8% (Progress!)
Mid-May 11: No chance

Sauteed rabbit
Fricassee of rabbit
Rabbit ala mode or jugged hare (hasenpfeffer)
Braised marinated rabbit with prunes
Rabbit with mustard (lapin ala moutarde)
Casseroled rabbit and sausage
Rabbit with chili
Venison burger
Roasted leg of venison
Venison pot roast
Sauteed venison steaks
Venison black bean chili
Becker venison medallions
Grilled venison chops with blue cheese and caraway butter
Roast mountain goat or bighorn sheep
Lemon-rosemary boar chops
Braised bear
Buffalo rib roast with orange molasses glaze
Becker buffalo burgers

1 comment:

  1. We still have venison in the freezer for you! If you will be at your mom's after the wedding, you could take some to her place! Or it can wait until you are back in Iowa & I am married with free time- Jon & I will eat anything.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.